Xbox One Forum

Going back to 90's nintendo

This is a discussion on Going back to 90's nintendo within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Off Topic Lounge Area category; Ever heard of the Gameboy? Ever heard of screens that don't let you see what's on them in the dark?? Did you know that Nintendo ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Going back to 90's nintendo

BAMF
    is What I am, so I disappear

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Going back to 90's nintendo

Ever heard of the Gameboy?

Ever heard of screens that don't let you see what's on them in the dark??

Did you know that Nintendo and Sony wanted to release a console together, but Nintendo screwed them over??!!

Chances are you're older than 20 then and considered 'old' by anyone in their teens!!! 😱

But if you wanna return to those good old handheld days, the Gameboy is coming back... well sorta. A company called Retro-Bit has made an improved version of the Gameboy called... wait for it... Super Meat Boy!!!... I mean Super Retro Boy, yes I'm actually not kidding...

Name:  ImageUploadedByXbox One Forums1484091849.837675.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  35.5 KB

This device will let you play all your favorite oldschool handheld nintendo games, if they run on cartridges... So those are the Gameboy, Gameboy Color and the Gameboy Advance!

The screen is backlit so you can play in the dark, unlike the original Gameboy and it has 10 hours of battery life.

The company is also in talks with developers to re-release/re-make certain games.

It'll cost $80 and will be released in August of this year. Now the only two questions are which games are you gonna play and will Nintendo try to stop this or have they given their seal of approval for this.

More details and pics can be found here: https://www.cnet.com/products/super-retro-boy/preview/
    1xbox and rui.goncalves.5249 like this.
    animes, games, horrors & foodz ^.^

Youtube channel: No game, No gain
    make sure you visit it, subscribe and like vids... or I will haunt you at night or catch me at my twitch channel: Koochii and become a follower if you like what you see ^^

BAMF
    is Thankful to scousetomo for my
    forum nickname & HoggFace
    for creating the profile pic!

Gamertag
    Acquiesce 75
    Member #
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I had the original game boy. LCD digital watch type display, could hardly see anything in daylight on some games never mind the dark. I might look more closely at this retro offering, well if they have enough coming off the production line! 😆. Thanks for the information!
    XDonny likes this.
    Rotherham United Forever! ⚽️

coder
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    watyegotlyk
    Member #
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    you guys would be better off with a raspberry pi then you can put all the games from every retro console on with an emulator , plug in to your tv and away you go
    1xbox and rui.goncalves.5249 like this.
    Wey aye cocker

BAMF

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watyegotlyk View Post
    you guys would be better off with a raspberry pi then you can put all the games from every retro console on with an emulator , plug in to your tv and away you go
    Thats true, but same can be said about the pc. PC can do that too.

Same with the NES mini, why buy that if you can just do it on PC, but it's just that the peripheral looks like the real thing. Thats probs why they sell very well.

make sure you visit it, subscribe and like vids... or I will haunt you at night or catch me at my twitch channel: Koochii and become a follower if you like what you see ^^

coder
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by watyegotlyk View Post
    It's called...people are lazy and don't want to do all that work and would have someone do it for them.
    XDonny and Morrison like this.

#hacker
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I've just started to re collect a retro collection and was going to backlight a game boy but this might be a good option now instead

BAMF

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTime View Post
    It's called...people are lazy and don't want to do all that work and would have someone do it for them.
    That too, but ppl like to have physical reminders of them good old days. It's like having money on a card or have the cash in hand. I think most ppl (if they know they won't get robbed) would in a choice choose for having the cash in hand rather than on a card.

I actually 'investigated' this before and more ppl said they would like to have the cash, depending how much it is

coder
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XDonny View Post
    That too, but ppl like to have physical reminders of them good old days. It's like having money on a card or have the cash in hand. I think most ppl (if they know they won't get robbed) would in a choice choose for having the cash in hand rather than on a card.

I actually 'investigated' this before and more ppl said they would like to have the cash, depending how much it is
    Nope...I want it on the card no matter how much it is. Cash burns a hole in my pocket. lol

SEAL
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy Tactics was my favorite GBA game back in the day... would love to revisit it again on this. Rock n' Roll Racing was another favorite.

BAMF

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTime View Post
    Nope...I want it on the card no matter how much it is. Cash burns a hole in my pocket. lol
    I'm the same. I love card more... No counting ;P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links