Xbox One Forum

Xbox Scorpio Price and Rumors

This is a discussion on Xbox Scorpio Price and Rumors within the Xbox One News forums, part of the Xbox One category; So let’s just get real here: You know the Xbox Scorpio console heading to stores at the end of 2017 will be more expensive than ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Xbox Scorpio Price and Rumors

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xbox Scorpio Price and Rumors

Name:  xbox-scorpio-1200x0.jpg
Views: 12936
Size:  58.3 KB

So let’s just get real here: You know the Xbox Scorpio console heading to stores at the end of 2017 will be more expensive than the current Xbox One S model. That’s just a given. Microsoft’s Phil Spencer has already hinted to the fact that the eventual price tag will reflect a “premium” experience when compared to the Xbox One S. But rest assured that the consumer cost won’t be outrageous, falling in line with previous launch prices for a next-generation console.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...#ixzz4QCqtlN5I

ace
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    F4T4l F4ll0uT
    Member #
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    At first reveal I thought that the price was going to be something ridiculous but lately it seems like it's becoming more affordable.
    I'm thinking Microsoft won't go higher than the $499 PS3 when it first released. It had a rocky start until the price dropped.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think with the $500 range price if that is what it comes out at it will get a bad rap in some circles, but if the specs really are at least double anything out now that is worth the price imo. Also that will put XB1 in 3 price tiers with the OG version at lowest price, the s at around the $250 price and capable of 4K even if done with some tricks, and then the Scorpio with a premium price of $500 with all the latest bells and whistles.

I think the real trick is how the games end up being released by the devs and supported, will they play on all the consoles? If most devs go to Scorpio only and it's not able to play same games as current version 1's then that essentially eliminates the current models out moving forward imo. I'm in no way saying they should handicap the Scorpio like it looks like Sony is doing with the Pro. It's going to be interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#hacker
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Balchers
    Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    What I still don't get;

The Scorpio seems to be based around 4K, so if you haven't got a 4K TV is there any point in buying it? How will the games work on a non 4K TV? And will it still look better then what we are used to now without 4K?

Basically what is MS offering with Scorpio for people who don't have 4K?

coder
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balchers View Post
    What I still don't get;

The Scorpio seems to be based around 4K, so if you haven't got a 4K TV is there any point in buying it? How will the games work on a non 4K TV? And will it still look better then what we are used to now without 4K?

Basically what is MS offering with Scorpio for people who don't have 4K?
    You can use it without a 4K TV. You will get better performance out of it then you would with the current boxes. You can play non 4K games in it with no worries. They already stated all xbox one games and 360 BC games will run on it.

I think MS should price it at the same price as the PS4 Pro at $399.and take a hit at first but win in the long run.
    Balchers likes this.

BAMF
    is What I am, so I disappear

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTime View Post
    You can use it without a 4K TV. You will get better performance out of it then you would with the current boxes. You can play non 4K games in it with no worries. They already stated all xbox one games and 360 BC games will run on it.

I think MS should price it at the same price as the PS4 Pro at $399.and take a hit at first but win in the long run.
    True, but the picture will just be slightly better IF the game's optimized for 4K. Then it'll do some processes to re-adjust the picture for your tv.
    If it's just a 1080p game, picture will be the same since it doesn't have to 'upscale' or 'refit' the image.

I don't want them to price it $399. They said premium price for a reason. They dont wanna take a hit. 399 isn't a premium price. Starting from 499 will be premium, so I think they'll price it like that.
    Xbox 4 Life likes this.
    animes, games, horrors & foodz ^.^

Youtube channel: No game, No gain
    make sure you visit it, subscribe and like vids... or I will haunt you at night or catch me at my twitch channel: Koochii and become a follower if you like what you see ^^

#hacker
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Balchers
    Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTime View Post

Thank you. If the Scorpio is not just about 4K and will be more powerful, then I could justify buying one

ace
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    F4T4l F4ll0uT
    Member #
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balchers View Post
    Thank you. If the Scorpio is not just about 4K and will be more powerful, then I could justify buying one
    It should be substantially faster as well.

l337
    is .............

Gamertag
    Texas Lawn God
    Member #
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I just know they need to hurry up and announce it so I can get one ordered. Already have the 4k TV for it so it's a no brainer. Aa for black Friday here in the states, I'm thinking about buying a new 4k for the living room and putting a S on it for 4k movies.
    Please research whatever you are here to complain about, before you hit the submit button. It will save us a bunch of time.

über
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    GrandPops2015
    Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't wait till they release this November next year it will blow ps4 pro out of the window easy if it has everything they are saying.. Plus if games company's want to make games just for it the door is not shut on um to just do that. So even when they say it's just a xbox one upgrade I don't think it will be.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links