Xbox One Forum

The Xbox Insider Program

This is a discussion on The Xbox Insider Program within the Xbox One Chat forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; Yeah there's a YouTube video up with Larry Hyrb & another dude running through the creators update. Some good stuff to come. I look forward ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Xbox Insider Program

l337
    is Thankful to scousetomo for my
    forum nickname & HoggFace
    for creating the profile pic!

Gamertag
    Arnibarani
    Member #
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yeah there's a YouTube video up with Larry Hyrb & another dude running through the creators update. Some good stuff to come. I look forward to the finished product when it goes public.
    Rotherham United Forever! ⚽️

coder
    is a PS4 Pro/Xbox One S/&
    Switch Gamer

Gamertag
    Lethal NFS
    Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I have the newest insider update and I am not sure I like it. I feel as though Microsoft is implementing too much in to the OS. This is supposed to be a home console where everything is easily accessed and minimal.

What really sucks is that people who do not have this update can not communicate with you in party chats. They can hear you, but you can't hear them. At least that is what I have encountered.

I wish Microsoft would take the "less is more" approach with the OS. This is not a PC or a tablet.

l337
    is What I am, so I disappear

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    @Lethal_NFS , that's probs a problem you need to report. That shouldn't be the case with any transition into a new update. But it happends alot tho.

I see no problem with this new update. I get to home quicker and see everything easier.

I get your more is less point, but since they want this to be a multimedia device which also relies on an OS which wants to be a unified experience from it's core, they have to put alot on screen for you to pick from
    animes, games, horrors & foodz ^.^

Youtube channel: No game, No gain but I don't do anything with it (for now... or maybe ever again).
    If you wanna see my active articles on AppyGamer, follow me. My profile is 'Koochi Monkey'. If you search the rankings I'm currently position number 11.

pwned
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Sorethumbed
    Member #
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I have the newest insider update and I am not sure I like it. I feel as though Microsoft is implementing too much in to the OS. This is supposed to be a home console where everything is easily accessed and minimal.

What really sucks is that people who do not have this update can not communicate with you in party chats. They can hear you, but you can't hear them. At least that is what I have encountered.

I wish Microsoft would take the "less is more" approach with the OS. This is not a PC or a tablet.
    I think that it will be the same as most windows experiences and that being "O.K. In the end but the road can be a bit rocky". It makes sense to do it. Unified systems equate to lower cost............. Eventually. It'll come good.
    My first game controller had six numbered sides

über
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My sons console has the preview update but mine doesn't is there a way for me to manually download it? We useully get it at the same time.

l337

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    @Bigd , no there isn't. You should get a msg from MS stating something along the lines of: 'thanks to your outstanding involvement you are selected for the update...'

I dunno if everyone gets that msg or just the ones who get selected for the first batch.

After receiving that msg I had to wait a couple of days and then the update was presented to me, at the day Major Nelson announced that they'd be rolling out the update.

Are you and your son's scores different, cause thats a factor I think. I however don't know how big of a factor for later batches.
    Bigd likes this.

Youtube channel: No game, No gain but I don't do anything with it (for now... or maybe ever again).
    If you wanna see my active articles on AppyGamer, follow me. My profile is 'Koochi Monkey'. If you search the rankings I'm currently position number 11.

über
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XDonny View Post
    @Bigd, no there isn't. You should get a msg from MS stating something along the lines of: 'thanks to your outstanding involvement you are selected for the update...'

I dunno if everyone gets that msg or just the ones who get selected for the first batch.

After receiving that msg I had to wait a couple of days and then the update was presented to me, at the day Major Nelson announced that they'd be rolling out the update.

Are you and your son's scores different, cause thats a factor I think. I however don't know how big of a factor for later batches.

i received that message the day major Nelson announced that it was rolling out. My score is higher then my sons score. Ike I said we usually get the new updates at the same time. Not sure what's different this time.

l337

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That's weird. Dunno what's the issue then...

coder
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well you could put his account on your xbox and then download the update through his account but I think it is more work than it is worth. Patience is your friend.
    Bigd likes this.

l337

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by realtime View Post
    well you could put his account on your xbox and then download the update through his account but i think it is more work than it is worth. Patience is your friend.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByXbox One Forums1485817308.697438.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  25.0 KB

Bigd likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links