Xbox One Forum

The Xbox Insider Program

This is a discussion on The Xbox Insider Program within the Xbox One Chat forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; So, some of you may know that Microsoft has the Windows (10) Insider Program. It's a program where ppl can test and report on bugs/glitches ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Xbox Insider Program

l337
    is What I am, so I disappear

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

The Xbox Insider Program

So, some of you may know that Microsoft has the Windows (10) Insider Program. It's a program where ppl can test and report on bugs/glitches and the like before a new version of Windows 10 hits the general public.

It's almost the same as the Xbox Preview Program. Except that the Xbox one is for xbox only and it's called 'preview program'. Well Microsoft narrowed the gap.

Starting from yesterday (monday the 7th of november 2016) Microsoft launched the Xbox Insider Program. It's the same as the preview program. They just changed the name and created a new hub in which you can report of bugs and give feedback.

Cool thing tho... Everyone is eligable again. So no more turning ppl down who want in on the program or ppl asking for referral. Now everyone can join.

Rollout of the Insider Program has started and is being rolled out to frequent feedback suppliers first and the rest of the Program peeps will come in the upcoming weeks.

So what do you think of this?

Full coverage can be read here: https://news.xbox.com/2016/11/07/xbo...dback-on-xbox/
    animes, games, horrors & foodz ^.^

Youtube channel: No game, No gain but I don't do anything with it (for now... or maybe ever again).
    If you wanna see my active articles on AppyGamer, follow me. My profile is 'Koochi Monkey'. If you search the rankings I'm currently position number 11.

ace
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    F4T4l F4ll0uT
    Member #
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    I don't really mind being a part of the preview program or not but I think this will benefit Microsoft tremendously because of the more feedback they will have. It will be their entire audience and not just a select group. Good move MS.
    XDonny likes this.

l337

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    @Xbox 4 Life , true, but now it's also alot more nagging, whining and betching about features they want on the X1 or why high requested things aren't implemented yet. Not to mention the usual 'hi, my xbox isn't working properly, what can I do?' And you know sum ppl R stupid enough to actually use Preview/Insider Program as a helpdesk xD

Youtube channel: No game, No gain but I don't do anything with it (for now... or maybe ever again).
    If you wanna see my active articles on AppyGamer, follow me. My profile is 'Koochi Monkey'. If you search the rankings I'm currently position number 11.

ace
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    F4T4l F4ll0uT
    Member #
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Yes but you would think they just filter through and discard all the junk and review the constructive criticism. A lot more time on their end but the benefit will pay off.
    XDonny likes this.

l337
    is Thankful to scousetomo for my
    forum nickname & HoggFace
    for creating the profile pic!

Gamertag
    Arnibarani
    Member #
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    If you can apply yourself....no more 1 posters on here begging for invites!!😆 or people selling invites on eBay!

I think it's a good thing for Xbox to open it out to all & get more feedback thus making future updates more stable for all. I'll still always choose to stay with the safety net that is public dashboard but appreciate the preview program for what it does!! Truly benefits all X1 owners!!😉
    Rotherham United Forever! ⚽️

l337
    is Thankful to scousetomo for my
    forum nickname & HoggFace
    for creating the profile pic!

Gamertag
    Arnibarani
    Member #
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

The Xbox Insider Program

All may not be as it seems with the new Insider program! It says here that new members won't be asked to test new system software updates.Name:  ImageUploadedByXbox One Forums1478584856.363865.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  72.2 KBSource VG24/7

Does that mean new members will have to earn their stripes before they can test system updates?
    Last edited by Arnibarani; 11-07-2016 at 11:14 PM.
    Rotherham United Forever! ⚽️

coder
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    For now they can't but I think they plan to open it up later. Whether you have to earn it or not is still known.

pwned
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Sorethumbed
    Member #
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Windows Insider, Xbox insider. It will soon become academic, consoles & PC's will soon both be running the exact same OS and UWP so it makes sense to combine them. The console will become just another 'windows' device, that's what UWP is all about. Makes sense really.
    XDonny and Arnibarani like this.
    My first game controller had six numbered sides

coder
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Tanmanrivers
    Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank the lord. No more messages for invites that don't exist.
    Arnibarani likes this.

l337

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    So the new update is rolling out starting yesterday/today depending on your timezone.

It's in conjunction with the Creator's Update which went live for Insiders on Windows 10 a few days/weeks ago.

The Xbox variant is focused on accessability and intuitivity. Better access by allowing things to be simpler and more on the forefront.

I got the update and downloading it as we speak. Other insiders will get it in the following weeks. I'll tell you my impression of it after some spelunking.

Here's an article and vid by Larry Hyrb explaining the update: http://www.in.techradar.com/news/mis...w/56745013.cms

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links