Xbox One Forum

Weird game share thing Xbox does that PS will not do

This is a discussion on Weird game share thing Xbox does that PS will not do within the Xbox One Chat forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; So I have always game shared with my Son who lives with his mum and he has enjoyed my 100 odd games easily. Then over ...

Thread: Weird game share thing Xbox does that PS will not do

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird game share thing Xbox does that PS will not do

So I have always game shared with my Son who lives with his mum and he has enjoyed my 100 odd games easily. Then over the last couple of months I started seeing a wonderful new lady who so happens to be a big gamer herself.

I wanted to share my games with her but did not want to stop my son from sharing too. I hunted around everywhere trying to find a way of sharing with more than one person but could not find one.

Then one day I had my gamertag on her Xbox and realised that as long as I was signed in on her Xbox she could sign in too and install and play my games on her gamertag.

Therefore so long as I do not log into my own or another xbox whilst she is playing any of my games its all good. Obviously we cannot play the same game together but she can atleast enjoy my games as well.

All I do is message her or she me to confirm its ok to log in as me to play one of my games.

And what is the most interesting part and an advantage that people need to be highlighting more is that you cannot do this on PS4 even if you are logged into your friends PS4 they cannot play your digital games on their own gamertag. You can download them on your sign in but once you swap gamertags the game becomes locked.

Did you guys know about this have you used it?

Super Moderator
    is Gaming Addict

Gamertag
    TeknoBlast
    Member #
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think a lot of people were aware of this and Major Nelson has pointed this out when all this came in play.

I have the same set up with my son, but in the same house.

My Xbox in the living room is set up as my Home Xbox and he can game whatever game I've purchased. The media room Xbox, I just simply log in an play because I own those games. However, if my son wants to play in the media room, then I log in as myself first and then he logs into his account, then plays.
    Twitter: @TeknoBlast
    YouTube: TeknoBlast
    Mixer: TeknoBlast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links