Xbox One Forum

"kinect is unplugged"...but it is actually plugged in! help me!

This is a discussion on "kinect is unplugged"...but it is actually plugged in! help me! within the Xbox One Hardware and Accessories forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; So right before i updated my console, the kinect did turn on (and looked real cool). but once i got updated and made it to ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: "kinect is unplugged"...but it is actually plugged in! help me!

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"kinect is unplugged"...but it is actually plugged in! help me!

So right before i updated my console, the kinect did turn on (and looked real cool). but once i got updated and made it to the kinect set up, it told me it was unplugged. i tried to unlpug it and plug it back in, restart the console. Idk man, just wont work

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same issue here. Any lucK fixing it?

n00b
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    downthesun
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys aren't alone. There's a decent sized group of us with "unplugged" Kinects even though our Xbox Ones are working just fine. I know it's frustrating but contact MS or the store you bought your console from and see if you can get a replacement ASAP. I'm hoping it's a software glitch and not a physical defect with the Kinects themselves. I have a feeling it's software related since they worked at first for everyone with this problem and randomly stopped being read as plugged in at some point. We'll see what happens.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, I have just had the same issue. Xbox one and Kinect working fine until 12 hours in and then Kinect disconnected. No warning at all. I didn't realize until trying to chat to mates.

Anyway, contacted Xbox support and there prognosis is hardware failure. I find that hard to swallow and think it could be software related as my auto update is on etc. But if there is only a small percentage then perhaps it is hardware. I'll reboot in 8 hours and check forums before calling the retailer and bringing it back. Really dissapointed about this.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep same problem. I'm on a chat with microsoft support and they just try to take you through the setup again, pretty much what you find in the FAQ's, don't bother calling the support, I also called gamestop and they said to wait a few days and see what happens, nothing can be done since it just came out.
    Last edited by X1oTANKo1X; 11-22-2013 at 11:22 AM.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same issue here

Same problem here... I called best buy but they are sold out so i can't return mine yet.... i only have 15 days to return it otherwise i'll have to ship it to microsoft and wait weeks before i get a return x.x... this sucks. it worked perfectly for me for hours last night and i turned it on this morning and put netflix on for like 5 mins and it turned off and so i went to the home dashboard or w/e and it said the kinect was unplugged.... I unhooked everything I replugged everything in I restarted the console with and without the kinect plugged in... i followed everything on the xbox one kinect's support page for "unplugged kinect issues" and nothing... i called geek squad lol to see what i can do to return it and the guy said that he thinks the kinect is just over heated from being on top of my tv.... but it was only on for 10 mins this morning. this sucks. I'm just gonna go ahead and play dead rising 3 until i can get a replacement... ugh just my luck.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... and why is this the only page i can find anything about this issue?

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im having the same problem..I got it to work lasnight..turned it off..didnt work again till I turned the console off and unplugged itfor like 5 mminutes.then it worked for about 5 hours 2day and shut-off again..Im like others hoping its a software issue..

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Found a lot of people with this issue later on and hope is a software one like mentioned. Could be hardware though as the kinect being always on could have overheating issues maybe?
    Called my local retailer here in Oz but they were out of stock or they would have swapped it. Will get some feedback on Monday when they contact MS etc...gutted the kinect doesn't, was really enjoying the skype calls on it. At least my games are running all good. Anyone up for some Fifa/Forza or Nba2k14 add me. Gamertag Carlton009

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links