Xbox One Forum

Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

This is a discussion on Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help! within the Xbox One Hardware and Accessories forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; I actually had the same problem. I called support and was able to fix it. Had to do some sort of reset. I'll try to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually had the same problem. I called support and was able to fix it. Had to do some sort of reset. I'll try to find it and let u know. I forgot the proccess

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if this will solve your issue, but I got home today and tried to play my Xbox. It would light up for 2 seconds and turn back off. What I did was call support and they showed me a hard reset, similar to clearing a systems cache. What you do is unplug everything and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug in HDMI in first, following everything else. BAM! It worked, atleast for me. If it helped, your very welcome.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janderson1271 View Post
    Just got my xbox one and hooked it up. I have made sure everything is plugged in right multiple times and watched youtube video's to make sure it is. The power brick light is staying orange except it's white for about 2 seconds when I first plug it in. When I turn the power on the xbox the little white glob temporarily lights up and makes a noise and then turns right back off. I can't get it to stay on long enough to see any video or anything.

I REALLY hope I am overlooking something simple. Everyone I've talked to says their power brick is white and stays white while mine stays orange (standby mode). Does anybody have any idea of what I can try before I go through this process of getting a new power brick??? Thank you!!

Soft start is what you need to do. Hold the power button on your console on for about ten seconds. Then start as you normally would. Thus should work

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hold owner button in for ten seconds. Then start up again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links