Xbox One Forum

Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

This is a discussion on Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help! within the Xbox One Hardware and Accessories forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; I actually had the same problem. I called support and was able to fix it. Had to do some sort of reset. I'll try to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually had the same problem. I called support and was able to fix it. Had to do some sort of reset. I'll try to find it and let u know. I forgot the proccess

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if this will solve your issue, but I got home today and tried to play my Xbox. It would light up for 2 seconds and turn back off. What I did was call support and they showed me a hard reset, similar to clearing a systems cache. What you do is unplug everything and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug in HDMI in first, following everything else. BAM! It worked, atleast for me. If it helped, your very welcome.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by janderson1271 View Post
    Just got my xbox one and hooked it up. I have made sure everything is plugged in right multiple times and watched youtube video's to make sure it is. The power brick light is staying orange except it's white for about 2 seconds when I first plug it in. When I turn the power on the xbox the little white glob temporarily lights up and makes a noise and then turns right back off. I can't get it to stay on long enough to see any video or anything.

I REALLY hope I am overlooking something simple. Everyone I've talked to says their power brick is white and stays white while mine stays orange (standby mode). Does anybody have any idea of what I can try before I go through this process of getting a new power brick??? Thank you!!

Soft start is what you need to do. Hold the power button on your console on for about ten seconds. Then start as you normally would. Thus should work

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hold owner button in for ten seconds. Then start up again.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I FOUND A WAY TO FIX THIS!

I had had the problem where I would turn it on, the light would come on, and immediately turn off. I was worried I had to get a replacement, but then found how to fix it.

I had had a game in the console and tried to get it out and it turned off and sucked the disk back in. So what I did to fix this was used the eject button to turn the Xbox on, then grab the disk and pull it out before the Xbox shuts off again.

after I did this, my xbox turned on and ran as normal, and I put the same disk back in and played that game.

I hope this helps everyone and works for anyone who tries it

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i had the same problem nothing shows on my tv the power supply goes from white to orange white then orange that's it

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanJapan View Post
    It is not broken, I just found out it is on some stupid sleep mode hit me up on youtube JordanJapan if you need help

do you have a link

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is the power saving mode. If you turn the power saving mode off it will stop shutting off directly after you turn it on. I got mine to start by pressing the disc eject button and start button together and then went to settings to shut the power saving mode off.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently got an xbox one call of duty edition on amazon. I have had it for a month the other day while playing the division i paaused the game and when i came back the console was off whenni tried to start it. It would light up for few seconds then go off again the power brick is solding orange. I tried several times and several hacks but still not working. I am unable to send it MS support because i am in Oman in the middle east and the nearest support centre is in czech republic. I went to local stores and some of them said its the mother board one guy fried the fuse on my existing power brick. At this point i am not sure what to do. 1. Should i get another OEM power brick, or a replacement on OEM power brick. Should i get the Europen version of the power brick with 100 to 240 V power. 2. Is my xbox dead and it needs the motherboard replaced. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

pwned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What did you try?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links