Xbox One Forum

Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

This is a discussion on Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help! within the Xbox One Hardware and Accessories forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; Just got my xbox one and hooked it up. I have made sure everything is plugged in right multiple times and watched youtube video's to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xbox One won't stay powered on! Please Help!

Just got my xbox one and hooked it up. I have made sure everything is plugged in right multiple times and watched youtube video's to make sure it is. The power brick light is staying orange except it's white for about 2 seconds when I first plug it in. When I turn the power on the xbox the little white glob temporarily lights up and makes a noise and then turns right back off. I can't get it to stay on long enough to see any video or anything.

I REALLY hope I am overlooking something simple. Everyone I've talked to says their power brick is white and stays white while mine stays orange (standby mode). Does anybody have any idea of what I can try before I go through this process of getting a new power brick??? Thank you!!

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am currently experiencing the same issue. I am on hold with Microsoft at the moment, I have gone through their troubleshooting guide and it's saying that the console needs to be repaired. I will note that the Xbox One was able to power on and update completely before this happened. It restarted then shut off completely, not giving me an error message of any kind. Any help on this matter is appreciated of course.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had the exact same issue, I had to take it back to Gamestop, they didn't have any replacements so they ordered a new one and saI'd it would be to my house on Tuesday.

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried using a different outlet? And im not sure it the side that connects to the console can only go in one way but I would check that as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xbox One Forums mobile app

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Updated my xbox one that was fine, installed ghosts then it rebooted itself and now it won't stay on powers up for about 2 seconds and shut down seems this is common on the launch day I'm well pissed off didn't get to play on it

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey this is youtuber JordanJapan, my xbox got the same issue, glad I finally found a forum with others who are going through the same thing. I can tell you it for certain is not the power brick, I tried my friends power brick and it still did not work. The xbox is broken unfortunately my friend.. dealing with microsoft/ gamestop currently as well

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is not broken, I just found out it is on some stupid sleep mode hit me up on youtube JordanJapan if you need help

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's ****ed. Take it back and get a new one. Had same problem. Got me a brand new one.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have same problem. Chatted with support and they said I need a replacement.

For me, it worked fine for a few hours, then started crashing whenever I did something that required a lot of power like playing Forza. If I simply watched TV it wouldn't crash, then once I started a game it crashed in a few minutes. Then it started crashing shortly after startup no matter what I was doing. Finally it wouldn't power on. I does exactly what the first comment says making the noise and the light on the psu first being white then switches to amber.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the replacement. I pre-ordered from Amazon so couldn't go back to the store and Amazon said 2-3 weeks while the Microsoft rep I chatted with said 3-5 days so I decided to the MS Advance Exchange to replace it.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanJapan View Post
    It is not broken, I just found out it is on some stupid sleep mode hit me up on youtube JordanJapan if you need help
    If so, why don't you share with us how to get it out of this sleep mode?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links