Xbox One Forum

Xbox One Lock Up's??

This is a discussion on Xbox One Lock Up's?? within the Xbox One Hardware and Accessories forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; So I finally unboxed the new Xbox One. Got it all hooked up and played with it for a bit before heading out. I shut ...

Thread: Xbox One Lock Up's??

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Xbox One Lock Up's??

So I finally unboxed the new Xbox One. Got it all hooked up and played with it for a bit before heading out. I shut the unit down and came back to it about 6 hours later. Walked in the house and said "Xbox On". It came on, but didn't recognize the TV (Direct TV). I shut it down and restarted, and then the screen froze. It simply displayed the 'home' icon on the screen. It would not respond to voice commands or anything. After a few minutes, I finally powered down, pulled the plug. Brought it back on line, powered up and it finally came back on. Still to responding to voice commands, but the added bonus was that it didn't sync to any remote and didn't sign me in. I powered down, and unplugged so I can watch a little TV this evening.

Looking at a few online articles, I saw that perhaps it needs a bit more ventilation to breath. I also have it sitting next to a router (Apple Airport Extreme) and my Wii U. Perhaps they don't play with nice with each other in an open door cabinet, but sitting on the same shelf? Anybody else seen something like this? I figure tomorrow I will place it on top of the entertainment unit all by its lonesome?

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody?

pwned
    is Status classified

Gamertag
    LostRacer2
    Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I can't guarantee its a heat issue. Mine sits by its lonesome and hangs as well. I personally think it has a memory leak. I have to completely shut it down at least twice a week. Games don't always come back or will occasionally crash when exiting, I've also experienced it not recognizing my home theatre as well. I turned off the instant on, shut it down then put it back on. That seems to fix it. I haven't had it misbehave in about 2 weeks now. Now that I've said that I'm sure I'm screwed.

edit: Just re-read this. Should've said "can't guarantee". Yeah. I still think its a software issue.
    Last edited by LostRacer; 01-29-2014 at 08:46 AM.

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only time my XBONE has frozen up is whenever I'm doing anything associated with Battlefield 4. Random lock-ups, freezes when loading, crash to dashboard. It's probably BF4 though, rather than the console itself.

pwned
    is i've shot you twice will you
    just die!!!!

Gamertag
    ras al ghul1981
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=1000;34476]The only time my XBONE has frozen up is whenever I'm doing anything associated with Battlefield 4. Random lock-ups, freezes when loading, crash to dashboard. It's probably BF4 though, rather than the console itself.

1000[/QUOTi would say this one is ea server issues I get random kicks to dashboard aswell but only on bf and usally on standerd conquest maps and not had one while playing in the new map cycle I do have premium so that may help slightly.
    ras al ghul1981 30 Something gamer with NO aspirations for growing up ever!!!

XB1VC#0099

Links