Xbox One Forum

Scalebound Cancelled.

This is a discussion on Scalebound Cancelled. within the Xbox One Games forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; Microsoft Confirms Scalebound is Cancelled - IGN Well, looks like Scalebound was cancelled today. What a shame because I was looking forward to this game. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sorethumbed
  • 1 Post By XDonny

Thread: Scalebound Cancelled.

Super Moderator
    is Gaming Addict

Gamertag
    TeknoBlast
    Member #
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)

Scalebound Cancelled.

Name:  scalebound-gamescom-2015-05.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  99.0 KB

Microsoft Confirms Scalebound is Cancelled - IGN

Well, looks like Scalebound was cancelled today. What a shame because I was looking forward to this game. I'm sure the "Blue Side" is having a field day with this news.
    Twitter: @TeknoBlast
    YouTube: TeknoBlast
    Beam.pro: TeknoBlast

BAMF
    is Thankful to scousetomo for my
    forum nickname & HoggFace
    for creating the profile pic!

Gamertag
    Acquiesce 75
    Member #
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Scalebound Camcelled 😖

So news is just breaking that Platinum Games have ceased production of ScaleboundName:  ImageUploadedByXbox One Forums1483999567.496495.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  71.8 KBA kick in the pants to start 2017! Title should say Cancelled 🙈darn prediction txt! @XDonny nows your opportunity! 😆
    Last edited by 1xbox; 01-09-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Rotherham United Forever! ⚽️

BAMF

Gamertag
    Acquiesce 75
    Member #
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @TeknoBlast cancel mine if you like there was no Scalebound post at the time of putting mine together.

BAMF

Gamertag
    Acquiesce 75
    Member #
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well a kick in the gentlemans area! What's people's thoughts on this?

pwned
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Sorethumbed
    Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Funny but this one never came near my radar. I watched the presentation last year or the year before and thought Nah.
    RealTime likes this.
    My first game controller had six numbered sides

BAMF
    is What I am, so I disappear

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Scalebound Cancelled.

DAMNIT! I was looking forward to this for so long. I even had a CE pictured. Either the dude's headphones that the dude last E3 (I think?) wore during the on stage demo at which I said to tekno 'he's wearing the character's headphones. That's probs gonna be in the CE' or a dragon statue

Needless to say I'm bumped. Scalebound, crackdown 3 and another were 3 MSXclusives that I was looking forward to...

Well now's horizon zero dawn gonna be my scalebound 😜
    @1xbox , nahh, I need to find something good 😈 :P
    1xbox likes this.
    animes, games, horrors & foodz ^.^

Youtube channel: No game, No gain
    make sure you visit it, subscribe and like vids... or I will haunt you at night or catch me at my twitch channel: Koochii and become a follower if you like what you see ^^

Super Moderator
    is Gaming Addict

Gamertag
    TeknoBlast
    Member #
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    The reaction to the news of Scalebound is a bit too much.

People being pissed at Microsoft, people being pissed at Platinum Games. As much as I wanted this game too, people need to get over it. Games, movies, shows, and every type of media gets cancelled. What can one as a consumer do really? Nothing, you get over it and move on.

There's plenty of games releases this year for the Xbox, whether they're third party, first party, or sequels to existing IPs, these are great games coming out. It's very rare for one game to define or be the death of a console. I'm sure Xbox will do just fine without Scalebound. Scalebound was not going to redefine the Xbox brand in any way. Probably give it a small boost, but nothing to the measure of say Halo or Gears.

Then you have the incompetent Sony-pony group at NeoGaf who's having a field day with this news and chanting, "hurrah, this is the end of Xbox!" How much more of an idiot can one be over there?

I'm a big Xbox fan and everyone knows it. Yes, I'll laugh when something bad happens on the Sony side, but at the same time, I'm not dumb enough wishing that the PS4 just completely goes away. Both companies and brands need each other. You dont want one brand and that's it.

So for those Neogaf people, this is what I think about you....

Name:  Pile_of_S.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  47.3 KB

So what do you guys think? Are you that brokenhearted that Scalebound is cancelled that you're just pissed at Microsoft or Platinum? Are you at the point of saying "nooo, I have nothing to play!"

Comment and be open. We're all adults and we can take it.

Twitter: @TeknoBlast
    YouTube: TeknoBlast
    Beam.pro: TeknoBlast

BAMF
    is What I am, so I disappear

Gamertag
    XDonny
    Member #
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    @TeknoBlast , I can understand why gamers are getting angry. It's not just necessarily about the game being cancelled at the time that it did.

Yes it's unfortunate that the game's being cancelled after seeing/hearing so much. So ppl obviously got attached. But the main factor that ppl are getting worked up, in my opinion, can be described as emotional jab.

The reason isn't because it named the studios Microsoft or Platinum Games, but because Hideki Kamiya was involved. It was a familiarity thing. A lot of ppl know him and if not by name, almost every article names why ppl should know him, he's worked on Resident Evil series and Bayonetta.

People know these games and love them, so every time they see his name, they hold him up like he's on a pedestal. They want to see 'his work' and grow emotionally attached when his name pops up.

Couple that with the fact that he's vocal on Twitter and the uncertainty for why the game's actually cancelled and you get ppl who grew emotionally attached to something they'll never get. Kinda like the highschool girl you want, but never got and you start resenting her... Like a bad horror movie.

This is my reason why ppl are upset/angry about cancellation. Same thing happend when first the new Silent Hill was cancelled. Cause Hideki was involved, lots of backlash.
    animes, games, horrors & foodz ^.^

Youtube channel: No game, No gain
    make sure you visit it, subscribe and like vids... or I will haunt you at night or catch me at my twitch channel: Koochii and become a follower if you like what you see ^^

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links