Xbox One Forum

XBOX One: NAT / Ports set to OPEN (Call of Duty Ghosts)

This is a discussion on XBOX One: NAT / Ports set to OPEN (Call of Duty Ghosts) within the Xbox One Games forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; Suggest u update to home hub 4 as this at least takes u to moderate rather than strict. Sent from my iPhone using Xbox One ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: XBOX One: NAT / Ports set to OPEN (Call of Duty Ghosts)

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Suggest u update to home hub 4 as this at least takes u to moderate rather than strict.

Sent from my iPhone using Xbox One Forums

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mount66 View Post
    Just can't cope anymore. Five days I've been trying to get an open NAT in Ghosts but always strict

Dashboard settings are open

I am using a Thomson Speedtouch 585v6 wired connection to AOL broadband, any offers of help.

do you have the newest firmware in your thomson? Do you have public ip? Did you try port forwarding, and what ports? Do you try dmz? Have you set to static ip your xbox? Do you have upnp enabled??? Did you disable the extended security feature? Did you set your game options in upnp as server? Do you have disabled parental control and content filtering? Did you set you firewall to disable ????

its very important that you dont have dmz and upnp or port forwarding active at the same time, just try one at a time.
    once al set, restart you router and your x1 ( full shutdown) if posible disconect from power source.

Required ports
    Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

also add for COD UDP port 3075

hope this helps.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I sorted my xbox one nat type and it is now Open. though cod ghosts is still showing moderate nat .... could it be cos its played via the cod servers now and not a human host???? Whatever , i think cod ghosts is bloody poo tbh & not as good as BO2 >>>> the colour pallets are awfull even on the xbox one ... i hope they bring out a game thats made soley for the next gen consoles soon....

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I was having problems with Nat types for xbox one ....
    i configured my BT Home Hub 4 for the XB1 and i got open Nat on XB1 but not on Cod Ghosts on XB! ...
    SO i then put my XB1 in the DMZ in the HOME HUB 4 .... I didnt change any more ports or turn off my upnp>>>.
    now i have open nat on XB1 and open nat on cod ghosts on XB1 !!!!!
    brilliant ... took me all day to sort but got there .... it can be done !!

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmunoz001 View Post
    do you have the newest firmware in your thomson? Do you have public ip? Did you try port forwarding, and what ports? Do you try dmz? Have you set to static ip your xbox? Do you have upnp enabled??? Did you disable the extended security feature? Did you set your game options in upnp as server? Do you have disabled parental control and content filtering? Did you set you firewall to disable ????

its very important that you dont have dmz and upnp or port forwarding active at the same time, just try one at a time.
    once al set, restart you router and your x1 ( full shutdown) if posible disconect from power source.

Required ports
    Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
    UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

also add for COD UDP port 3075

hope this helps.
    Ive tried almost everything.

The Thompson has quite a simple interface for configuration. I've looked for firmware updates but failed on that front too. I've tried all the ports you listed, except the last one 3075, not seen that one before. Will try that when I get home as that seems the only one that this COD specific

Another problem I seem to be having is latency times. Through my PC, I can get pings between 30 and 50, however using the XB1 to do the detailed network diagnosis, my reported speeds for d/l & u/l are reduced and my latency jumps to over 150ms

Also, have they introduced the dedicated servers yet?

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTekno View Post
    Hi all, I have opened NAT on BT Home Hub 4 via turning off UnPlug and Play,
    This changes NAT from STRICT to OPEN on XBox One Network Dashboard.

However, in COD Ghosts it still views the NAT settings as Moderate as the ports need to be forwarded.the settings for this I have applied are:

Port Forwarding the BT BTHomeHub Router for PS3 Call of Duty - Ghosts

Upon doing this the setting for NAT stays the same. Is there a setting/port missing?

I await a reply.

Cheers

DrTekno

Sent from my iPad using Xbox One Forums
    Hi bud i had the exact same problem i opened these ports from this page and it worked . i now have open ports

Port Forwarding Ports List - PortForward.com

n00b
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mount66 View Post
    Ive tried almost everything.

The Thompson has quite a simple interface for configuration. I've looked for firmware updates but failed on that front too. I've tried all the ports you listed, except the last one 3075, not seen that one before. Will try that when I get home as that seems the only one that this COD specific

Another problem I seem to be having is latency times. Through my PC, I can get pings between 30 and 50, however using the XB1 to do the detailed network diagnosis, my reported speeds for d/l & u/l are reduced and my latency jumps to over 150ms

Also, have they introduced the dedicated servers yet?
    the latency problem its not from your network, you measure your latency with certain server almost all test check multiple options and make the test with the closest to you, the latency you are having is measured to the xbox servers.

i just fix the problem at my friends home with the same router that you have, the exact steps i made:

Connect your cat5e cable to xbox
    set your x1 to fixed ip
    reset to factory your thomson
    configure your internet settings
    disable firewall
    enable dmz to the x1 ip
    restart router
    check all configs are correct
    turn on your xbox ( before was unplugged from outlet )

ill wait for you reply.

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmunoz001 View Post
    the latency problem its not from your network, you measure your latency with certain server almost all test check multiple options and make the test with the closest to you, the latency you are having is measured to the xbox servers.

i just fix the problem at my friends home with the same router that you have, the exact steps i made:

Connect your cat5e cable to xbox
    set your x1 to fixed ip
    reset to factory your thomson
    configure your internet settings
    disable firewall
    enable dmz to the x1 ip
    restart router
    check all configs are correct
    turn on your xbox ( before was unplugged from outlet )

ill wait for you reply.
    In the Thomson config pages there is no dmz, also I have yet to reset the Thomson to factory as I cannot remember the password for the DSL connection.

What exactly is the issue with having a Strict NAT since I am still able to play. How will an Open NAT be different

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another thing, in 6 years of Xbox live gaming I've never had a problem with any networking issues. Even COD Ghosts on the 360 worked flawlessly.

Get the new hardware and nothing but grief, what has XB1 Ghosts changed to cause these problems.

I now know that it is definitely a problem at my end. I took the new console to my daughters house and used her connection. Just plugged it in and played, but I did have a moderate NAT on both dashboard and in-game, so was a slight improvement.

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    MOJO MAK3R
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should still be able to play ok with it strict,
    But the games will only normally put you with people who have a open Nat so it's a smoother connection.
    But it could give you problems if people are trying to join your game they may have connection problems
    I was having problems trying to get a open Nat on my XB1 it stayed strict or moderate.
    I had my XB1 set to a static IP an my router (sky hub) with a IP address reserved for the XB1's Mac address with the ports opened so everything should have been fine but no it was still showing strict.
    So what I did to get it working was I kept my mac address reserved on my router but deleted all the ports settings for the XB1 (5 in total)
    And then on the XB1 I set all my network settings back to automatic and then turned the XB1 off.
    Went back to the router and re added the port numbers to the reserved IP address.
    And once I had restarted everything it was open, not sure why this worked but may be worth a try for someone!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links