Xbox One Forum

Why I believe Ryse is a brilliant game!

This is a discussion on Why I believe Ryse is a brilliant game! within the Xbox One Games forums, part of the Xbox One Forums category; So last week alot of you probably read the Ryse reviews from the professional video game websites and were put off with scores from 4/10 ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why I believe Ryse is a brilliant game!

SEAL
    is Loving my Xbox one!

Gamertag
    Keith1004
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why I believe Ryse is a brilliant game!

So last week alot of you probably read the Ryse reviews from the professional video game websites and were put off with scores from 4/10 up to 7/10 and an overall metacritic score of about 60/100.

Just judging from the little I have read from other XBOX one players I can see that the userbase thinks this game is alot better then the reviews show. In my opinion this game is the perfect launch game and here is why.....

1. The graphics are amazing. It's the only game that has wowed me on xbox one, and without that 'wow' moment I might be sitting here right now wondering if the Xbox One and PS4 are even that much of an improvement over last gen. The graphics in this game are a great way to show people what next gen consoles can do right now, rather then waiting a few years.

2. The gameplay is simple, alot of reviewers did not like this aspect and lowered the review scores but for me I think its a positive for this game, but only because its a launch game. It means ANYONE that is picking up a new Xbox One console can pick up and play this amazing showcase of a game without being confused by the controls. My other half doesn't play many games and I even got them to play this one and be wowed by the experience and graphics. Only possible because of the simple gameplay.

3. This game to me was obviously meant to be a showcase for the Xbox one and to me is more about the cinematics, story and graphics then the gameplay. I am loving the setting, story and the grand scale of the game.

Now I understand the game isn't perfect on every level. It's not the best game ever but for me I think it works perfectly as a LAUNCH game and that is what is important.
    dgstorm and Xbox 4 Life like this.

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Wig n Warrior
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting.....I ordered this for Day 1 and its currently sat in a draw unopened, with my intention to return it to Amazon for a refund. All based on the reviews to be honest.

Having said that it has sat there for 3 days now and just wondering whether i do go ahead and return or give it a go.

Any other folks on here got it and if so, whats your opinions?

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was considering buying it but then saw the reviews so I waved it off. Why is it so amazing?

SEAL
    is Loving my Xbox one!

Gamertag
    Keith1004
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you want to be 'wowed' by the power of your Xbox one then you must give this game a try. It can also be completed in well under 10 hours so you can complete it and trade it in for close to the retail price on eBay.

über
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I love Ryse! I was on the fence until launch night when I decided to buy it. I played it for 5 straight hours. The story gets better and better the more you play. I absolutely love co op gladiator mode. Unlocking random weapons and armor is great. The fighting is great too. Reminds a lot of the new batman games. I would give it a 84/100. Hopefully they will continue the series and make improvements maybe add 4 player gladiator mode.

n00b
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Xdocjoex
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I second the above, I absolutely loved this game. Haven't gotten hooked by a game like this in quite a while, ended up staying up until 4am to finish it. The campaign took me probably around 8-9 hours, not super long, about the same as most FPS campaigns.

The story borrows heavily from movies like Gladiator and 300 but totally sucked me in. It is cinematic in a way that I've never seen in a video game. I think they leaped past the uncanny valley most of the time. And I also really dug the gameplay. It is simple but so fun, it's like a sword dance especially when fighting lots of people and it never really got old to me. You are also always trying to get better and faster executions to up your focus. And there is quite a bit of variety with legion formations, repelling castle invaders, etc.

i have only dabbled in the multiplayer, it's basically a gladiator arena but really liked what I've seen of it. You level up, get gear, etc.

This has been my favorite game so far ( have Forza, BF4, Lego Marvel) and if you don't buy it, at least rent it. I plan on keeping mine to dig through multiplayer and I'll probably play through it again on legendary.

Oh and if anyone wants to try the co-op gladiator arenas send me a FR!
    GT = xDocjoex

leveled up
    This user has no status.

Gamertag
    Sam Zenas Ammen
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ijust started getting into RYSE and let me tell you I absolutely love this game. Graphics are out is this world and just such agreat game

Love love it

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Xbox One Forums mobile app

coder
    is XB1VC #0016 GT scousetomo

Gamertag
    scousetomo
    Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not long completed this and its awesome its a lot of hacking and slashing but it takes you on a roman journey like the movie 300 I enjoyed it so much it took my xbones virginity and would I advise it as a good buy hell yes its so beautiful I was taken back by its breathtaking looks im going to give it a couple of weeks and replay it on hard plus my wifes planning on giving it a go

pwned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. I was on the fence in this one. But with all your good reviews I may have to pick this one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Xbox One Forums

pwned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently stuck on CoD but for sure gonna check this out now. If anyone needs co op buddies hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Xbox One Forums

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links